Sweet Tomato Chutney | Tamatar Ki Khatti Meethi Chutney recipe with detailed photo and video recipe.
Chutney is an all time favourite accompaniment with every Indian meal. Tamatar ki khatti meethi chutney is made in so many variations and each state and house hold have their own way of making chutney.
This delicious, sweet and tangy tomato chutney hails from the state of Uttar Pradesh. I learnt it from my mom. When I was a child, my mother used to make this chutney for me. So it was like my bachpan ka pyaar 😁 and now my kids also love it. 😍
The tang of tomatoes, beautifully spiced with cumin seeds, Mustard Seeds, Fennel Seeds, some other spices and jaggery makes it a flavorsome affair.
Partner up with your meal especially the boring one, It can turn that boring dish into finger licking delicacy. If you like sweet then you can try this chutney.
This 😋 is a flavorsome and healthy alternative to condiments such as pickles and ketchups. Kids love its sweet and sour appetizing flavor and are ready to have it anytime.
It can be served with puri, paranta, sandwich etc but I prefer to have it with paranthas.
It can very well be used as a side dish along with your regular meals.🔥🔥🔥
Sweet Tomato Chutney | Tamatar Ki Khatti Meethi Chutney
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Kalonji
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1/3 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 no. Bay Leaf
- 2 no. Red Chilli
- 4 Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Jaggery
- 1 tsp Vinegar(optional)
- Heat oil in the pan. Add all spices, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, kalonji, fennel seeds, bay leaves, whole red chilli and asafoetida and roast all the spices for about 10-12 seconds on low flame. Ensure that the spices doesn’t get burnt.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mix it well. Turn the heat to low and cover the pan. Let it simmer for 5 minute.
- Open the lid. Cook the tomatoes for 1 minute while stirring continuously and also mashing the tomatoes with the use of ladle.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, black salt & white salt to taste. Mix everything well and cover the lid. Let it simmer for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute add jaggery and mix it well. Cook the chutney for 1 more minute.
- Now add vinegar and mix it well. Turn off the flame. Tamatar ki khatti meethi chutney is ready. Enjoy with roti, parantha or puri !
Psst… If you try one of my recipe send me a pic of it on Instagram or just use the hashtag #tadkaqueen, I would love to feature you. Also don’t forget to follow me on Instagram or Facebook for regular updates. I share a lot of easy and fun recipes – Milkshake, Dessert, Healthy Breakfast Recipe, Snacks etc. You’ll love all the deliciousness there, go check out! ❤️