Besan ki bharwa mirch recipe | Stuffed green chiilies with detailed photo and video recipe.
Monsoon is back, rain is in the air and weather is just awesome. And in this lovely weather all that comes to your mind is spicy pakoras. But if you ask me, there is another jazzy alternative to it which is equally enticing and reinvigorates your taste buds. I am referring to savoury stuffed vegetables which are delightful in taste and extremely easy to cook.
Stuffed vegetables are loved by one and all. There are various forms such as stuffed capsicum, stuffed bitter gourd, stuffed lady finger etc. They not only taste good but look equally appealing.
Stuffed chilli | Besan ki bharwa mirch is one such dish that I love a lot and ensure to cook at least once a week. This side dish augments any typical North Indian food and adds life to even a simple daal-chawal. The spiciness of chillies, the flavour of besan and spices as well as sourness of dry mango powder adds oodles of zing to this awesome dish. This being a vegetable doesn’t need too much oil to cook and hence is a healthy alternative to other spicy dishes such as chaat and pakora.
And no better time to try this piquant dish than this awesome rainy season. So don’t wait any longer and start preparing this dish with me.
Besan Bharwa Mirch Recipe
- 8 no. Large Green Chilli/ Badi Moti Hari Mirch
- 1 cup Gram Flour (besan)
- 4 tbsp Coriander Powder (dhania)
- 1 tbsp Fennel Powder (saunf)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (haldi)
- 1 tbsp Dry Mango Powder (amchur)
- 4 tbsp oil
- Salt To Taste
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Add besan into it and cook for about 10-12 minutes on low flame. Ensure that the mixture doesn't get burnt.
- Once it is cooked, add coriander powder, fennel powder, turmeric powder, dry mango powder and salt and mix it well. Turn off the flame and keep the mixture aside to cool it down.
- Now take the mirchi. Slit each mirchi vertically without cutting it into two halves.
- Fill each mirchi carefully with the spice mixture. Make sure to stuff them well with a generous amount of masala. Stuff all the mirchi in the same manner.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. When oil is hot, add the stuffed mirchi.
- Turn the heat to low and cover the pan. Let it simmer for 1 minute.
- Open the pan and carefully flip each mirchi. Cover the pan and cook until mirchi turns tender.
- Besan ki bharwa mirchi is ready. Enjoy with roti or parantha !
Psst… If you try one of my recipe send me a pic of it on Instagram or just use the hashtag #tadkaqueen, I would love to feature you. Also don’t forget to follow me on Instagram or Facebook for regular updates. I share a lot of easy and fun recipes – Milkshake, Dessert, Healthy Breakfast Recipe, Snacks etc. You’ll love all the deliciousness there, go check out! ❤️